Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sewing projects

Today was another no drive day. We have some extra kids (two boys, plus my two boys) but I found some time to work on some sewing projects.

I made two Curious George pillowcases for my friend's son's 4th birthday. I made a case to carry them in as well (a little tote) out of the same fabric.

I also made a sleep mask with elastic to fit around your head, filled with lavender for a friend. I made myself one previously and am very pleased with the one I made today (the one I made myself is a mess, but still works great.)

Next I made a washable sandwich and snack bag also for a friend. I lined the inside with an old shower curtain and the outside is cute Care Bear fabric.

I really enjoy sewing and am improving, but I am still too impatient to measure and pin, so I do get some uneven seems and such. This is why I like making totes and such, I just eyeball it, and they still come out cute.

The other day I made my friend (my oldest friend, we have been friends since we were 6, we are the same age) a tote with fabric that so made me think of her for her 31st birthday. Who can't use another tote? I know I use totes daily.

Now I have to package up the tote and pillowcases to mail out tomorrow (they live in PA.)

I am so glad I bought my sewing machine.

My next project is a table cloth for another friend, which should be pretty easy.

-Becky

p.s. I took some pictures, but can not find my USB for my camera.

3 comments:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanna said...

your friend likes the sleep mask (which smells amazing) and the sandwich bag which was used this morning (and it now smells like egg salad...not as amazing)
haha ;)
thanks!

Becky R said...

I am glad you like the stuff