Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Desires of the heart

Last night our lesson in the First Place Bible study talked a little about how God will give us the desires of our heart when our will is aligned with His. We can't make plans and ask God to give them to us or bless those plans, we have to seek what His plan is and have that be the desire of our heart. I certainly have made my own plans many times and asked God to bless my plans. Sometimes it went ok, mostly it did not. Waiting on God is hard, but I know it is the best for me. God loves me and wants to prosper me and keep me from harm. This is why He often says NO to what I want, to spare me heartache and missed blessings.
Ten years ago when little Jason was born it was a desire of my heart to always be with him, no daycare, etc. I believe that this was aligned with His will as He has made a way over the past ten years for me to for the most part be with Jason & also now Joshua. When Jason was a baby I did child care and then became a nanny for a wonderful family. I worked for them right up until I got married. Since Joshua has been born I have worked part time in a preschool, been a private nanny and brought Joshua, and now I run an in home daycare.
It has been a challenge for me to be able to work with my kids. It has not always been easy. Especially since many people ask when I am getting a real job. But the blessings have been amazing. I thank God for giving me the desire of my heart in this issue and the ability to make it work.
Recently I have been thinking that it was time to start working outside the home, as in Sept. Joshua will be in school all day, and benefits and a retirement plan would be nice. Plus I do not make much money doing the in home daycare. I even had an exciting opportunity in a preschool presented to me. However I have been lifting this matter up in prayer, and I asked God recently, "God where do you want me, what job do you have for me?" And clear as day I heard (in my heart, not my ears) "You are already where I want you, in the home." It made me realize that this is still where I am supposed to be and want to be. If that is still His will, He will make it work, as He has done for the past ten years.
I know that people do not understand, but I can't concern myself with the ways of the world, but the ways of the Lord.

Lord,
Thank you for giving me the desire of my heart to be with my boys. I thank you that on paper my life does not make sense, but you work all the details, because you love us that much! Help us to give you glory and honor and praise!
In Jesus Name, Amen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME. I am so glad God is showing you HIS plan.

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

I don't know... I wish I was more religious. I belive in god and I pray but everything I do is because I set out to do it myself. I don't wait for him...

I do rely on him to take care of me in this crazy world.

junglemama said...

Your post was perfect for me to read today. It is awesome to hear God. Follow His plan for you.

Jeannette said...

Send the people to me that believe you don't have a real job, good gosh let them work with you for a few hours, let them see how hard you work, not to mention no outside contact, no breaks no coffee clutch conversations.

I have two prospects for your upcoming schedule, do you take 84 year olds and slightly challenged husbands,,lol