Sunday, April 6, 2008

I did it!

I finally did it, I made good bread from scratch. I have been trying. I tried wheat to start with but that was too ambitious. So I bought fresh flour and fresh yeast and fresh honey. Also I followed my beginner's bread to the tee. I also kneaded the bread for long time. It made me feel good to do so like I was connecting with my ancestor's who made everything from scratch. Well, after smelling the yummy bread cooking and letting it cool, I cut it open and buttered a slice for Jason. He said, "this is so good, mommy you're the best cook." This is a huge compliment from him, he is fussy with bread cause I only buy wheat and he does not like it. Now I have a dilemma, how do you slice the bread thin? I could not get my slices too small.
Anyway, I am so excited!

After a few more loaves of white, I will try wheat again. -Becky

2 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

With practice, a good knife, and a firm hold, slicing the bread gets better!

Jeannette said...

looks yummy thanks for sharing