Monday, April 28, 2008

Not to go into too much detail

Hi! I had such a fun, relaxing weekend. After all that stressing, I never got the half the stuff I needed to done, yet it didn't matter (it usually doesn't, but those little things can seems so big.)
My friend, Duane, from NE flew in this weekend. So Fri. night I went on my first date in a long time (like over 5 years.) It was nice. We didn't have much time as I was limited with sitters (but thanks Monica & Debbie & Peter & Leigh Ann for watching my kids this weekend for free.) We went to Appleebee's and just talked. We also walked down by the beach. He is from NE, so they do not have a beach. I can't imagine this and I guess I take the beach for granted, but his awe of it made me appreciate it as well. How often do I spend 5 min. or more just staring at New York from the beach. It was very calming, and the ocean always reminds me of God's awesome power and that we are just a small part of it all (since sometimes I think I am the center of it all.)
Saturday he came to Josh's soccer game (at his request) and then we all just played outside and such. I didn't really want to spend time with my kids and him (sorry, I wanted it to be all about me-lol, but he did want to spend some time with them and I thought I should let him see how they can really be. Surprisingly they almost did not misbehave at all. Jason actually only talked back to me once this whole weekend. Joshua was pretty good too, only talking back about three times and once almost pushing me out of the way to hang his helmet when I told him it was time to stop playing outside, but he didn't actually do it.)Saturday while playing outside we also spent time with my good friend (of 16 years) and neighbor, Joanna. My kids think she is so much fun (and so do I.)It was nice to have her spend time talking with Duane too. Then Sat. my stepfather took the kids for a haircut (thanks Scott, they so needed it.) And of course my mom drove by to investigate (that line about feeding him was so true mom, I forgot about that part of being a hostess-lol!) Anyway, so he met my mom & stepfather. No pressure for a first date right? Sat. we all went to Sandy Hook for a little while. It was so nice down there. Josh was so happy to throw rocks in the water. Jason was freezing and sat in the car (the problem with being so skinny-I was fine at the beach with my extra insulation.)
Sunday he came to church with us (again at his request) and then we had pizza for lunch. We were all going to drive him to the airport, but the kids wanted to play video games at there friend's. So I drove him to the airport, and did not get lost on the way, but of course I did on the way home. So he is back in NE.
So that was my weekend. It was relaxing (I did not do any cleaning and very little cooking, ok that is still funny to me.)
My kids said they had fun. They said my friend was fun (they do not think I am fun.) I had fun too. Now back to work and cleaning and such. I do hope I will remember not to stress on all the little details so much and take time to enjoy the view more often as I did this weekend. -Becky

p.s.-he did ask to hold my hand and I said ok. So that was nice. But he was such a gentleman, it felt very Little House on the prairieish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy you had a good time!!!!

Jeannette said...

I resent the fact that you think I knew in advance, seems I was privy to this whole meeting.
I truly did not know you had a friend visiting and I honestly was just coming from your grandmothers house....

Becky R said...

Mom, I love you. I believe you.