Monday, May 12, 2008

awesome day

Yesterday I got breakfast in bed (my mom helped the kids make it for me Sat. night when I was at work.) It was french toast, orange juice, and a pop tart. Also I had fresh cut lilacs in my house. Also Jason painted me a vase and it had a pink carnation in it. And Josh made me a hand print that he wrote I love Mom on. Also both boys made me very nice cards. It was very nice. Then we went to take my car in for a new alternator. And my mom picked us up and we went to hang out at my mom's. It was so nice as my sister, Samantha, and both brothers, Eric and Kevin, came over. We all ate dinner (made by my stepfather Scott) together and just sat around and talked. My kids were there also (of course.) As we all sat around I felt so peaceful and happy. Usually when we all get together we have more relatives over so I don't get to actually chat with my siblings. It made me really happy. I actually have not seen Eric in a while, so that was an added bonus.
Kevin and I discussed our trip to Ohio in July, we invited Eric and Sam, but we got a nice eye rolling about that. It is ok, I am very excited to spend four days with Kevin and my boys.
We discussed tattoo's with Sam, who now has three and wants more. My brothers hate tattoo's and although I like my two I do not want my baby sister having so many. She is only 18. It is just I know how much I changed in the past 10 years and she will most likely too, I don't want her to regret her tattoo's. Especially since she told me she wants to get a Buddha on her stomach. Two gasps, one cause her stomach will not always look so cute (if she has kids) and two, will she always want Buddha on her belly? Most likely not!
So, yes getting into a fight with her about that was not fun, I have to work on how I talk to her as she is only 18 and I am 28.
But overall my day was very pleasant. It got me thinking though how much I need and depend on my family and how I don't think I could really ever leave them, even though I want to build my own house on some property somewhere someday. My family is too important to me. I guess it is silly to think about what might be one day. For now I am so happy I have my family and all so close. Yesterday was an awesome day! -Becky

0 comments: