Friday, May 2, 2008

May extra money to come up with

In March & April I did a good job coming up with extra money for additional expenses by selling some used dvds, toys, and an old gold chain & bracelet I had. This month I also have need to come up with additional money (about $80) for:
$30.00-housewarming gift for my sister-her & her husband recently bought a house in Georgia (if she lived closer I would make her a meal and give an offer to clean her house once, but since she is so far I want to send her a gift, any frugal ideas?)
$20-graduation gift for my dear friend Heather who is graduating college (but I may give her free childcare for a date with her husband as a gift.)
$30-baby gift for my new brother (my dad's girlfriend, Nola gave birth to my newest brother, Matthew on Tuesday.) (They also live far away so I can't give my gift of free babysitting or house cleaning to them either.)

It is my goal to be very frugal with everything I do, escpecially since in about a month I will not be working anymore. I am trying to use up everything in my house and not buy anything I do not absloutely need. I have given up most paper products. I will no longer be buying napkins, paper towels, or pads. For all three I have gone cloth. I will use up any paper I have in my house and save one roll of paper towels for my mom, who hates when she can not find any washclothes, kitchen towels, etc. This paper choice will be better for our budget and the environment as well. I also am not buying any books, toys, clothes, or daycare supplies (my weakness) new. I may have to buy ink for computer, but otherwise I have so much that we can use for daycare that I want to use up first. I will still buy used if we need an item. Fortionately I have enough summer clothes and even new sandals that I got on clearance in the winter for $5. Hopefully my boys will have enough too. I think they actually do. They both have new flip flops, sneakers that fit, and bathing suits. They both have at least 5 pairs of shorts that fit, I think this will be plenty. Jason may need water shoes, but Joshua has two pairs. I do not forsee needing much else for summer, except sunblock, but I have three bottles from last year that may still be good (we go through about 5 bottles sunblock a summer.)
I am trying to be as creative as possible as I really want to make continuing to work at home work. I also do not have much work lined up for the summer (it was my plan not to work in summer at all, because I was going to start working outside the home in Sept., but as I previously mentioned in Desires of the heart post that I feel God wants me in the home. I still feel so blessed. Using less actually reminds me how much we really have. We have to this day NEVER gone without a need. Honestly, we have barely gone without a want (although I want a pool, but am happy that we live near free beach and two friends with a pool.)
GOD IS SO GOOD (I can never say ths enough.) -Becky

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

hhmm no paper products, what are you going to use on your bottom? Seaweed, lettuce, spinach,,sandpaper
anyways, is this your way of alerting me to lack of paper products, if you would come over once in awhile you would see I have stock in basement for yu

Becky R said...

cloth, it is not gross, it actually is nice, but thanks for the paper goods mom, seriously this post was not code for I need paper goods. I love you mom! -Becky