Wednesday, May 7, 2008

God never ceases to amaze me

Hi! When I first started doing in home childcare I had a set of special needs twins who got therapy from the state. Well, one of the therapists and I remained in contact and when she was treating a baby a year later who needed childcare she recommended me. The therapist went on to open her own private physicality and I worked for her last summer 4 hours a week teaching social skills to autistic kids. I had planned on doing that again this summer. I found out that they were expanding the office as business was good and I prayed about asking them to hire me in Sept. to do about 12 hours a week work so that I could be home with Jason homeschooling the other days (and not do in home daycare at all next year or do both, therapy center Mon. & Sat., daycare Tues.-Fri.)
Well, I never actually approached them about it as I was waiting till they had the summer schedule underway. Well, today they called me and basically said they want to hire me for exactly what I was hoping. I am still not sure about all the details, pay or hours, but I am having a meeting with them on Tues. in am. They need office help and such. They want me to start in June (the times I am at therapy center I will pay my assistant to do daycare girl & my boys, and I should still make some money from it.)
It will be awesome if in Sept. I can work there five hours Mon. and five hours Sat., do my daycare child Tues.-Fri. Homeschool Jason and do co-op on Tues. & Thur (with daycare child.) This would still give me Sunday off and allow me to be home after school for Joshua as well. If I work at therapy place Sat. in am I would probably give up my Sat. night job, but we will see as I love that job too.
I will know more after my meeting on Tuesday.
What I do not want to give up is my Tues. night aerobics and Bible study and one other hour per week workout with my trainer (thanks Cindy!) I also do not want to work weeknights or Sundays ever! I need some time with Joshua too who will be at school all day next year. Plus Tues., Wed., & Thur. nights we have somewhere to be (aerobics, & Bible study, church, and doctors.)
God already knows, but I LOVE having options! -Becky

0 comments: