Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tribute to my mom

Hello! Today is Mother's Day, so what better day to give a tribute to my mom. My mom is amazing. I have such fond memories of growing up and home cooked meals (spaghetti and taco salad two of my favorites) and chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven. My mom worked but I always remember her being around. She got us involved in activities and sports, she let us have our friends over for tea parties and pool parties. She listened to us and hugged us. I could not ask for a better mom.
My mom also was honest with me, and let me know of her mistakes and then I am sure painstakingly let me make my own. That is really the only way we learn. But then she was not there waiting to gloat and say I told you so or pick up all the pieces, no she has an amazing way of guiding me to learn from my mistakes and overcome. If I had one word to describe my mom it would be: strength. She is an amazing strong woman. I like to think I am a bit like her, which makes me so proud. Thanks mom for all you do. Happy Mother's Day! I love you! -Becky

0 comments: