Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tribute to Joanna & all my friends


It is never my intent to offend anyone with this blog, especially my friends. In my post about my weekend with Duane I neglected to mention that on Saturday my friend of 16 years and now current neighbor hung out with us while we played outside. Joanna is so awesome in that she loves to play with my kids and they all have such fun together.
I am so proud of Joanna as she recently graduated from Rutgers.
I love Joanna because no matter what we can ALWAYS laugh together.
In high school Joanna and I spent alot of time together and always had something to say, on the phone, on the bus, hanging out in the yard. I wonder what did we talk about till 2:00am and then all day at school. But still to this day if she comes over at night we talk the hours away. It has been such a blessing to have her as a neighbor and to be close to her again these past 6 months. I especially like to wait by the window and say hello (aka stalking her-lol!)
God is so good in that He has allowed me such a great group of friends throughout my life. All growing up I had Lauren, and then also Joanna, who were both my best friends in high school. I also met Courtney in high school and to this day we have an amazing bond (even though it has been a few years since we saw each other.) When I was a young single mom, I met Monica who not only became my best friend, but the older sister I always wanted. Now a day can't go by that I do not talk to Monica. I love it when she does not hear from me in a few hours she is ready to drive by (and has) to assure I am ok. I also have Charlene, my cousin, who has become a close friend. And I still have Lauren & Joanna as well. Among all the other wonderful people at church who have become my friends. I feel so blessed in this area as I have needed my friends so in the past. I do not want to leave out the closest person to me, my mom. She has been an amazing strength to me, and I love the friendship we have now in addition to our mother/daughter relationship. Yes, I am blessed indeed! -Becky

3 comments:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Oh man that picture is scary! But anyway, I feel bad now, you didn't offend me! It was just like I said when you read the newspaper like "Hey I was there!" and then you look for your name. (I.e. the Bobbi Lou incident!) I love having you guys across the street and having friendly people to say hello to every day! Thank you for all the nice things you say about me and also for stalking me, the sign of true friendship. Love Ya :)

Anonymous said...

We love you !!!!!

Jeannette said...

who cares, I passed my test has anyone said good job, heck no
I get, what time do you want to babysit...

Love you Joanna, great job, I am so proud of you,
looks like I will have to take you and Miss Becky out to dinner, and drinks, well you and I drinks, Becky well she can have a shirley temple :)