Wednesday, May 7, 2008

YIPEE!!!

Well, after working out an hour a week for 6 months, doing First Place Bible Study for 3 months, and working out an additional hour a week for 1 month, plus my at home workouts I have lost another 2 lbs. So I am at a total loss of 4 lbs. I am so doing a happy dance. My ultimate goal was 42 lbs, so only 38 more to go!!!
I am not dieting, I am working really hard at keeping my calories under 1,700 a day and exercising about 5 hours a week (2 in class, the other 3 at home.)
I also am doing the Giving Christ First Place Study which is amazing, but focuses on your entire walk with the Lord not just eating and exercise. This is so important because when we want to overeat we need to call on the Lord and when we don't want to exercise we need to call on Him too.
I have realized that not enough time is not an excuse, God desires me to spend daily time with Him in prayer, Bible reading, and Bible study as well as time in exercise. That's right exercise time is time with Him as our bodies are His temple. That sure makes my workouts easier, knowing it pleases Him. I said easier but I still sure struggle with not wanting to do it, I ache afterwards, sometimes all week. But I realize that is a praise too. I am young and able with no real reason to be heavy. I take my good health for granted.

God,
I praise you for this healthy body. Lord I praise you that you love me the way I am, but love me too much to stay that way (so not my line.) Lord, thank you for Cindy working to train me and this first Place Study so my walk with you can grow. Lord, also thanks I have a Tues. night sitter(thanks MOM)so I can work on your temple.
-Amen!

-Becky

0 comments: