Tuesday, May 27, 2008

long weekend

I had a very nice long weekend. Fri. I hired my assistant Marenda to watch daycare kids from 11:30-5:30 (thanks so much Marenda.) This allowed me to get ready and go get Duane from the airport. Even after his flight delay and all the traffic we still had an hour before I had to be home at 5:30, so we went down to the beachfront. It was very relaxing. I don't get to just be that often so it hard for me, but so needed. Saturday was spent preparing for Sunday barbecue. My parents and Duane were nice enough to mow the lawn, do the trim, finish preparing my garden bed, and generally straighten up yard and set up tables and chairs. I helped too (I made iced tea, does that count?-lol) Sunday we went to church and then had a barbecue. I invited family and church family. We had about 25 people, kids included. The weather was awesome. The food yummy (thanks for all those salads), and the company great! We also had cake to celebrate Joshua's 5th birthday. After all the setting up and such I finally sat down and chatted with guests and played with my friends new son, Matthew (he is so... cute!)
I think Duane held out well, he is a bit shy, but with 25 strangers around I can't blame him. I am glad he was there.
Saturday night we cleaned up, Josh slept at my mom's and Jason was at another barbecue so we walked on the beach again (Duane loves the beach since he lives in NE and they do not have a beach or ocean.) There was this great cool breeze coming off the ocean. It was so nice, but I was a bit tired!
Monday Duane took me and the kids to IHOP. Then we tried to set up the kids new pool, but we did not have an air compressor, so the kids played in the new slip & slide. Then I dropped Duane at the shuttle to the airport. I put the kids to bed by 9:00 and then I went to bed. I was so exhausted from all the entertaining, the barbecue, and sun time.
Overall it was nice to spend time with Duane, family & friends, and to relax this weekend.
It is a bit strange to be dating someone from NE. It is strange in that I can not see him that often and that when I do see him it is not just a date, but a whole weekend at a time. But I can't expect him to come for a date then fly home, and I do like spending time with him, it is just hard to find a good balance with me time, my kids, my responsibilities, and fun time too.

Dear God,
Thanks for the awesome weekend you gave me. Thanks that Duane arrived here & home safely. Thanks for mom & Scott helping with my yard stuff. Thanks for Duane helping with my yard stuff. Thanks for my two wonderful boys. Thanks for the reminder at my barbecue of the wonderful family & friends you have put in our lives. Thanks for a yard to host the time together and the money to buy the food, thanks also for the awesome grill that Pastor Josh & April gave me last year. I praise you for all you have done and are doing in my life. Lord, I love you! -Amen!

-Becky

1 comments:

Anita said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!