Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's Tuesday

Hello! I have been really focusing on ways to reduce, reuse, recycle lately. For two main reasons to save me some money and to be a better steward of the earth that God has entrusted us with.
One thing we do that the kids love is I save boxes (like cereal boxes, etc) for art projects. We recently made robots which came out really cute.
daycare girl, Joshua, daycare boy

I also cancelled my debit card and amazed at how much I have not spent, especially on online purchases in the past month.
I find it fun and addicting to see how I can stretch what we have and save money, and preserve the earth a little bit longer. I am thankful God gave me the desires to do so and the ability to go without (although honestly we have everything we need and so much more.)
I am so thankful for all we have. We are so blessed!!!
-Becky

2 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

What are their heads made out of? This looks fun.

Becky R said...

any small boxes, the robots heads are corn muffin boxes and a butter box. The daycare kids are blocked out using editing software. My son thinks they look great and wants me to block his head out too-lol!

I let the kids paint boxes of all sizes bfore we put them together. Then Josh did his robot and of course the other two wanted a robot that looked exactly like Joshua's. So much for creativity.
Thanks for reading my blog.