Thursday, May 22, 2008

Decision Made

Hello! The parents of the little boy I watch told me yesterday that they found a new daycare for Sept. So I will be taking the office job. My days will be so different come Sept., but the blessings are:
I can take Joshua to school everyday and pick him up Tues., Thur., & Fri.
I will be able to homeschool Jason and do the homeschool co-op
We will have Fri., Sat, & Sun. without work or co-op for schooling, housework, and field trips
I will be out of the house and around people a few days a week

I am nervous as I have not worked in an office before, but I think I can do it. I also get to get up and wear more than just mommy clothes, but the office is very casual, so I will not need an entire new wardrobe.

I also am nervous about relying on my car to drive 4 days a week (2 days to work and 2 days to co-op.) But no use worrying about something that has not happened yet.

My mom has agreed to watch Jason one of the days I will be at work and that day to also pick Joshua up from school, so I just have to make a plan for the other day. I think I can bring Jason to work with me and he can help and do his schooling. I have a few people who may be able to get Joshua for me. God will work out all the details.

Of course my biggest concern is financial. I will be reducing my income by $600 a month. I can cut about $350 from my budget, but still need an additional $250 a month. Half of that I will make at my part time Saturday job. So I still will be short about $125 a month. And with being a single mom, homeschooling, and working I can not add another job. So this is a trust thing. Since I feel lead by God to homeschool then I have to trust He has all the details worked out. This is tough though.

But it is amazing how God has closed my in home daycare door and opened a new opportunity. Thanks for all your prayers!
-Becky

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying God works out every detail!

Hanley Family said...

Those situations are tough...they strain your faith, but also grow you.

Wish I knew something more concrete you could do.

nisha said...

maybe the experience that you gain at this job will lead to a higher paying job in the future.

Anita said...

Your road is not an easy road to travel but our God is gracious to those who love Him. He will see you through all these difficult decisions. I look forward to getting to know you and your family through blogland.

jaime said...

You seem to have thought everything thru and I wish you luck. I went from a working mom to a stay at home mom and although it's the opposite, it was REALLY scary to think of the financial aspects too. I totally know that feeling you have and so far it's worked out for us, and I'm sure it will be the best thing for you as well. Congrats!