Saturday, March 8, 2008

Do nothing day

Hello! I was planning on painting my bathroom today, but when I got up at 6:30 to get Jason ready for his Odyessey stuff it was raining. I got him ready and fed and one of the coach's picked him up at 7:30. So I read a magazine then went back to bed. Joshua was so happy to be off punishment that he watched a movie and then played his game. I was so happy to lounge in bed. At 12:30 I was still in my pj's. I so needed this. Of course I was embarrassed when someone stopped by at 1:00 and I was still in my pj's. But it is a raining, yucky day. We all need a pj day.
But now it is 3:00 and I am showered and dressed, the house looks reasonable, and I am well rested. Now I am going to pay some bills and go get Jason then go to work. I babysit Sat. nights from 5:30-10:00. They are the best behaved kids ever (twin 7 year olds, I have been sitting for since they were 3.) This money is my food money, but I wish it was my spending money. I will be happy to go food shopping again tomorrow, I have not actually gone food shopping since Dec. Crazy right. I have gotten milk and bread every two weeks, but other than that I have been trying to live out of my pantry, I have had to buy a few other things every two weeks, but have not spent more than $150 in JAN. & DEC. Of course my mom has bought us stuff, which has been helpful. But I have used up most of our pantry and freezer stuff, so it is back to actually shopping now. I still have in my freezer though:
enough chili (already cooked) for one dinner (and rice in pantry, and corn muffin mix too.)
sausage for two separate meals
chicken breasts for two separate meals
chopped meat for one meal
shrimp
plus I have pasta & sauce in pantry
canned veggies to go with above meals
frozen waffles & syrup
oatmeal
cereal for week
milk for week
cheese for grill cheese and cheese & crackers
eggs for breakfast
pancake mix for breakfast

so I actually have enough food for 6 dinners, 5 breakfast's, and 3 lunches. Not too bad. I will have to buy:
bread ($5) (two loaves)
yogurt ($3 kids $3 mine-$6)
fresh fruit ($10)
stuff to make huge salad (I eat everyday)($10)
stuff for 2 lunches ($10)
snacks (crackers, goldfish, etc.) ($10)(two snacks a day for 5 people)
1 treat each ($3 each- $9)
total $60


Hope you are not too bored. Please get some relaxing done yourself. -Becky

0 comments: