Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday

Hello! It is Thursday. My kids have had no school since last Thur. Jason is doing great. Joshua is not. He can be so naughty, rude, and demanding. He yells and hits, especially his brother. He can get so angry. It wears me down constantly disciplining him, which I know he is expected. Every time I give in is a victory for him. I need strength to be consistent 100% of the time. Pray for this.

I am working this week, I could not afford to take off and the little girl I watch her mom is working all week. Today I am taking all the kids to the movies, but Josh does not deserve to go after his screaming and yelling and hitting this morning. I wish I could leave him home in bed. I should stay home, but that is not fair to the other kids, and honestly I can't take fighting with him for 2 more hours. He is in rest right now, if he gets up or yells than I told him he is not going to movies, and now I will have to stick to it if he gets up. Tonight he will also go to bed early and he has lost video games for 3 days.

I wish parenting wasn't so hard.

At least I'll get a nap while the kids are watching Horton Hears a Who. LOL! -Becky

2 comments:

Unknown said...

From a teacher point of view, sometimes try the opposite. Give lots of praise when Joshua is being good. Try to ignore the bad. I watch super nanny a lot. I like the way she gives a warning when the child is acting up. Then she gives a time out 1 minute for each of their years. So JOsh would have 4 minutes. You have to bend down to their level and place them in the timeout chair, corner. You tell them factually, why they are there. Eg. You not listening to mom so you must sit there. You then to not speak to them again until their time out is over. IF they get up, then you silently place them back. At the end of their time, they must apologize for their behavior. You remind them first of what behavior was bad. Make sure to give lots of hugs when they say their sorry. YOu have to be very consistant with this technique. Maybe all kids should have some type of reward jar for when you catch them being good. They get some type of reward for this. Could be just extra time with you by themselves.

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

I read your post yesterday and it seemed like the same kind of behavior was going on in my house.

Denise,
sometimes wondering if the sequal to PTM will be "how to survive your kids" :)