Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March is half over?

It is Tuesday the 18th. I can't believe March is half over already. I know time does not really fly, but it sure seems to. I can't believe Jason is ten and Joshua will be five on May 17th. I wonder how I get stuff done and how I will get stuff done. I write lists and cross off items one by one and sometimes I just throw the list away and don't complete it. Sometimes I am prepared for stuff, sometimes I am not (more often the latter.) But as spring is arriving I am feeling more hopeful. I am trying to rediscover joy in the Lord and not hopelessness in my circumstances. Not that my circumstances are bad, they just can be overwhelming at times. I am feeling happy and giddy again. I think the sun does that. I am so grateful to be healthy and have made peace with not having my surgery. I am now working on exercise and my First Place study for being healthier and losing weight. This excites me. I actually enjoy my Tues. aerobics now, even though it still hurts. I am working towards exercising more at home as well. It will come. Baby steps is my thoughts on that. If I can add one new habit a month, that is enough (goals: Read Bible daily, pray daily, do daily Bible study, memorize 1 verse a week, write down everything I eat daily, eat 1600 calories a day or less, drink 8 glasses water a day, exercise 30 min. a day-that is 8 goals, so that should take me about 8 months to add them to my life and STICK WITH IT!) This stuff is doable, especially with support group (thanks Charlene, Jackie, Darlene, Janet, & Laura) they are all doing First Place too.
Well not sure of the point of this blog, but I guess I just wanted you to know I am feeling that joy again, not as much as I'd like but it is returning. You can have it too, God is just waiting to fill you with His joy, all we have to do is ask and spend time with Him daily.
Have a great day! -Becky

0 comments: