Friday, March 14, 2008

On and on part 3

Since I was unable to come up with that $10,000 I needed to pay the surgery center to have surgery on my ankle, I am unable to have the surgery. This stinks as my ankle still hurts, but at least it is bare able. I can walk and run. I can carry stuff and even exercise a bit, so it will have to do. I am preceding with a lawsuit against place I fell, and maybe if I can get any money I will have surgery then. The total surgery with doctor, surgery center, and anesthesiologists is $22,000, plus the money that it would cost to pay daycare help while I recover (about $2,000.) Yikes! I can attest to the health care crisis, at least in my life. Because i don't have adequate health insurance and / or an extra ten grand lying around I can not have my ankle fixed and have to live with pain? That seems unfair! But God knows what He is doing, maybe I would still feel this way after the surgery, who knows?

So that means that in April I can focus on my yard and outside of house. I want to sand down and repaint all trim outside, power wash and stain deck, and clean up all weeds and dead debris and plant a garden.
We want to plant tomatoes, zucchini, strawberries, green beans, peppers, pumpkins, and not sure what else. I am so excited to have a yard to do this stuff in. I will see if the budget allows all this planting. If nothing else I will plant the tomatoes, these are so yummy! -Becky

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your ankle.