Thursday, March 20, 2008

Please Pray!!!

Hello! Happy Spring!
My friends Courtney & Brian are awesome parents and they have felt God lead them to adopt. After adopting two adorable siblings from Russia, they felt lead to adopt from Haiti. After finding an agency, seeing there daughters, and raising the much needed money, they discovered they were unable to adopt these girls due to recent law changes in Haitian adoption. In addition all the money they raised was lost.
Well, they were sad and pray for those two girls in Haiti, but God is so good he allowed them an opportunity to adopt a little boy here in the US. He is 22 months old and they are visiting him now. Well, it may be possible for them to adopt him this week, but they again are trusting God to help with the finances. Please pray for them and ask God if He wants you to help bring this little baby boy into a wonderful, loving family!!!

This is from Courtney's blog:

"Prayers Needed!

Okay Prayer warriors..... last night was a really rough night. We got some really bad news that there are issues with our paperwork and with our state honoring the adoption. Basically, our state will not allow us to come home until we have an agency licensed in our state that will take consent. Well, guess what? In order to do this, we have to pay yet another agency fee! I need as many of you that can to be praying we can get this done. I was in tears most of last night after we heard the insane amount of money several agencies wanted for this consent. I thought we were coming home without our son. I still am not sure how we will do this or how it is going to come together. We finally found an agency last night who can do it for a smaller amount, but we do not have even a penny of this money. We need your prayers majorly. I cannot go home without our little boy! As it stands right now, Brian is going to head home in a couple of days and I am going to stay until this is all sorted out. Please pray for me too, as I am exhausted and I miss my kids at home *so* much. I rarely leave them and I do not like being so far away from them. I have been very weepy and I need the prayers.

Thanks for the prayers and support. It means the world to me.

And I am really sorry to even ask, but if you can find it in your heart to give even $5 or $10 to help cover these extra fees, it would mean so much to us. I just want to bring our baby boy home."

Go to there blog if you want to offer prayers or to donate:
http://storinguptreasuresinheaven.blogspot.com/

THANKS SO MUCH! -Becky

0 comments: