Thursday, March 27, 2008

We're back


Joshua did stay in rest the 20 min., so we all went to the movies. Let me say I was expecting to hate the movie, but I loved it. It was so cute. Plus the whole a person's a person no matter how small line reminds us God loves us from conception and He loves every one of us who live on this Earth.






But I was shocked at paying $45 for 6 movie tickets ($7.50 each), what happened to $5 movies. I payed for all the tickets. The kids had to each use there own money for snacks. Breanna & Michael got 2 Slurpee's and nachos $15 total. Danielle got a Slurpee and popcorn $8 total. Jason got candy and a Slurpee $9 total. Josh got candy and a Slurpee $9 total. Me nachos (I love movie theater nachos) $7. So movies 6 people $45 plus snacks 6 people $48, for a total of $93.00 for 2 hours. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I don't usually buy any movie snacks, the kids used all there own money for snacks but still. To put that in prospective, I work Mon.-Fri. from 7:00am-5:30 pm (with no break) that's 10.5 hours a day, times 5 days equals 52.5 hours per week. I make $263 a week. That's over 35% of my weekly pay for 2 hours entertainment. Ok, so I am obsessed with numbers. But I discovered Tues. is $5 any movie all day, so I could have paid $5 x 6 people, $30 for movie and brought all snacks from home for about $10 (including drinks) cutting this movie trip in half. I have learned my lesson. I am so glad that I actually enjoyed the movie though.

Do you ever go to the movies? Do you buy snacks? Or do you bring snacks from home? Do you feel bad if you do?

-Becky

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I never buy snacks, ever since I had four kids. Now they pay for their own movies, except for Tyler because he is still in high school. I don't usually buy snacks. We have always stopped at Riteaid, or somewhere where we know they have cheaper candy and the kids pick what they want from there and then we go in. I know the movie t heathers actually make their money from the snacks, but we would not be able to go if we had to buy snacks too. With 4 kids, you learn to be cheapo. For example, when kids were small, they had to share drinks or have water.

Abbi said...

Wow! That is spendy. I would be feeling a little sick about it too. I don't go to movies but we have gone to sporting events where it has been a smiliar situation. Entertainment can be very expensive and the food they sell there is very spendy. I have learned now to bring our own snacks.

Jeannette said...

I usually let them have whatever they want, and then afterwards I let them drive the gettaway car while I rob the nearest bank,,,,:}

I am surprised you were not prepared with snacks, you should have called your mother she usually brings you whatever you want. :}

Becky R said...

I usually always bring snacks, but with 5 kids I was wondering how I would carry in all those snacks, plus I wonder if it is unethical since as soon as you walk into movies it says "No outside food or beveridges permitted!"
I think next time we will just wait for the DVD.