Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Blessings

Sometimes blessings come in the least likely places. They come from situations that seem so bleak.

So many years ago when I was pregnant at such a young age I could not see the blessing that baby would be or how I would give my life to the Lord because of it. God certainly used that time in my life to strengthen me and bless me.

Once again God has sent a blessing into my family. My youngest sister told me last week she is expecting a baby. She is 12 weeks along. She is young (she just turned 20) and not yet married. Although the circumstances are not ideal I already feel so blessed by this baby (who I am sure is a GIRL.)

It does bring back lots of feelings of sadness that I went through, but I pray it will turn out better for my sister. I pray her and her boyfriend would turn to the Lord (he is not a believer, she is not walking with the Lord.) I pray that they would be all that God has for then and be blessed tremendously. I ask that you would pray that as well. Especially as her boyfriend has moved out and is not working at this time. Pray he gets a good job asap. Pray that he and my sister build each other up and encourage each other daily, and just overall are good for each other.

I am excited as I love babies. And since God has blessed me to be with home with my boys (for the time being) I pray that I will be able to watch my new niece 2-3 days a week once she is born so my sister can stay in college.

Joshua is super excited as my sister is due one day before his 7th birthday (she is due May 16th.) He is excited to get a baby cousin for his birthday. I hope he knows he doesn't get to keep her (lol.)

What are some blessings in your life that at first did not seem blessings; or where in your life can you look at a situation you are facing a new way and see God's blessings?

-Becky

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Umm my sister is due, how about the baby is due, YOU are not getting anymore sisters from me

Jeannette said...

wow you really are pushing for a girl