Monday, October 26, 2009

This blog has already seen me through a move

So this is my second move since starting this blog. But this will be my 7th move in the past 10 years. Yikes.

When I was 20 I moved into my first apartment (with another single mom and her 2 year old son)
When I was 21 I moved into my first ever alone apartment (with Jason who was 3 at the time.)
When I was 22 I moved to KY with my husband (Jason was 4.)
When I was 23 I moved in with my mom, stepfather, and sister (Jason was 5, I had Joshua while I lived there.)
When I was 25 I moved into a nice three bedroom apartment (Jason was 7, Joshua was almost 2)
When I was almost 28 I moved into my first alone house (Jason was 9, Joshua was 4.)
Now that I am 30 we are moving again (Jason is almost 12, and Joshua is 7.)

It has been stressful, but most of my moves have been for the better and baby steps. I never could have moved right into a house alone, I gradually worked my way up to that. Plus we are moving really close (same town and all.)

It is all God, He has allowed me to grow until I could handle a house alone. Not to mention the great group of people He has given me in my life who help me with home repairs and such.

He is so good! I have to say it again. He is so good! Amen!

-Becky

2 comments:

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

Wow I would have never guessed moving!! congrats! I've had 2 apartments and 1 house in the past 10 years. Moving can be a pain but organization is key, don't stress too much...

Where are you moving to? same area? or another state etc

HS

Becky R said...

We are moving one street over in the same town. This is our best move yet, more details to follow.