Saturday, October 3, 2009

Today I am 30

30 years ago in Ohio, I was born at 10:36am (except my mom says it was around 1:00-lol), the second child of my parents. The first daughter. They named me Jamie. After my grandmother, who had no daughters, expressed her wishes for a Rebecca, they renamed me, Rebecca. No wonder why I am so confused in life. LOL!

I can't believe my 20's are gone. I had some good times, some great times, some really sad times, and some tragic ones too. Here's a review.

In my 20's:

I saw my cousin Charlene come to know the Lord, which later lead to her two kids coming to the Lord as well.

Worked as a Nanny for three years. Best family I have ever worked for. I still talk to them.

Moved out of my mom's (my first time living away from my mom), and in with my now best friend Monica and her two year old son (Jason was also two.) We lived together for a year and a half. We learned how to run a house, budget, share food and cleaning responsibilities. We also learned if you get kittens give them a bath asap. The flea fiasco was not fun!!!

Moved into my first on my own apartment (with little Jason of course, he was 3 1/2.)

Got my own cat (giving her a bath asap.)

I graduated community college with an A.A. in Education in May 2002.

I got married in Sept. of 2002.

Lived in KY with Jason and my husband.

Had Joshua in May of 2003 (already back in NJ.)

Worked in a preschool for one year (part time.) (Jason was in Kindergarten. My mom watched Joshua.)

Worked as a Nanny for one year (Joshua came with me, Jason was in first grade.) Worst family I worked for, they thought I was a slave. Have not spoken to them since I quit.

Got another apartment, my biggest yet (three bedrooms) in Nov. 2004.

Saw my cousin, Cristie accept the Lord.

Lost my cousin Cristie to a tragic gun death in Jan. of 2006. She was only 29 years old.

Opened and ran a successful state licensed in home daycare for 3 years.

Did over 50 hours of continuing education courses in childcare and early childhood development.

Directed my church's Wed. evening children's program for two years.

Volunteered as a teacher in our church's Wed. evening church program.

Saw my mom come to know the Lord.

Got divorced in 2006 (after being separated for three years.)

Broke my ankle by slipping on some ice. on Feb. 14th 2007.

Met Duane online in Aug. 2007. Began getting to know him. Later dating him (which I still am.)

Moved into my first ever house (a rental.)

Mowed my first lawn.

Had my first ever veggie garden. Enjoyed yummy homegrown Jersey tomatoes for months.

Discovered that my Grandma knew the Lord.

Taught social skills to special needs children.

Worked in an office that did OT, ST, and PT for children.

Got a new brother, Matthew.

Began homeschooling Jason in 2008.

Began selling my homemade laundry soap as a side business.

With my sister, brother's, and stepfather threw my mom a surprise party for her 50th birthday in Sept. 2008. It was a huge success.

Discovered I love baking homemade bread.

Gave up paper products and replaced with cloth (paper towels, napkins, menstrual pads, and yes even toilet paper.) Have never regretted this decision.

Lost my only Grandfather in April 2009.

Saw my brother, Kevin mature so much as he quit his job to move to Ohio and care for my grandmother while she grieved the lost of my grandfather.

Had surgery (April 2009) to have my ankle rebroken so it could heal properly (which I feel 90% it has.)

Lost my oldest brother Eric in June 2009. He was only 32.

Began homeschooling Joshua in 2009.

Celebrated my baby sister, Samantha's 20th birthday (just a few weeks ago.)

Saw God bless us beyond anyone's imagination.

Felt so much love from family and friends.

I laughed.

I cried.

I sinned.

I tried again.

And again.

I grew in my walk with the Lord.

I backslide in my walk with the Lord.

I loved.

I realized I could love my second child as much as the first.

My heart grew.

My heart broke.

God put it back together.

I realized I still have much to learn.

I am excited to see what I will learn in my 30's.

For me, have a GREAT day!

-Becky (aka Jamie)

6 comments:

ScottCC said...

Wow that is some list. Happy birthday. I wish you all the best for the coming years. I hope you really get to enjoy the next ten years. Thanks for letting me share some of those times with you.
Scott

Jeannette said...

Aww seems to me your doing a great job at any age. Very proud of you

Becky said...

Great post! I will be 30 in about 3 1/2 months. I'm not sure I will be quite as positive about it as you are :)

Unknown said...

Blessings on your Birthday, Becky! Love the "taking stock" way of celebrating. Here's to the nextjavascript:void(0) thirty years! :)

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

WOW! I'm older than you by 5 months! crazy! 30's so far feel the same as the 20's not much change...

Unknown said...

A terrific life-thus-far recap. Thanks for sharing.

-Phoebe