Friday, October 16, 2009

Good day

Today I got up on time and made it to my 10am appointment exactly on time. The appointment was exactly what I needed today. My kids actually finished all there school work (thanks Mom & Scott.) They even did there current events. (My goal has been to do one very week, and this was there second.) [I do think that is the wrong usage of there, I have to look that up and possibly edit this late. Sad, since I am teaching them. LOL.]

After lunch at my mom's (thanks again mom) we stopped at the post office to pick up Josh's new bike helmet. His had some sort of accident from being near furnace and was melted. Plus it was Cars from the Disney movie, he always hated that movie. It was time for him to have a new helmet. Especially since he loves to ride his bike (no training wheels since last year-go Joshua.)

Then we went home and we all had a snack and a rest. Josh's soccer practice was cancelled due to the rain, so we all straightened the house. Then we ate dinner. Next we made window art out of a kit I have (it is paint that dries and then you can stick it to windows and mirrors and such. I made myself to stick to my car and want to make the boys as well. Like when you see a family on the back of a car. Mine doesn't look so good though. LOL. Then we went to rent a movie and with lots of popcorn watched half of it together. About 9:30pm, my boys went to bed rather smoothly and quietly. Josh was asleep by 10:30pm, without getting up once. Yeah!

Next, I organized all the school papers so we are caught up on paperwork (too bad we are a bit behind in actual schoolwork.) I also did all the dishes, and checked some email.

Now I am blogging and soon will be folding and putting away five loads of clean laundry. What a blessing that we have enough clothes to last us all fall and winter and a washer and dryer to clean them in. God really is so good. My heart is literally bursting with how blessed we are.

I forgot to mention that my boys are grounded from video games and playing with friends (and tv too, but I picked the movie so I let them watch half,) anyway, the past few days I love how they have been finding other ways to entertain themselves. Some board games have come out. They have been doing some more art. They also found some old superhero costumes and have been wearing them around. Also today they were making videos on Jason's camera. They were taking things up close and far away to distort images and pretending they were on another planet. It was really neat to see that. I even think they got a nice video of me yelling to clean up the art supplies. I hope that one doesn't end up on u tube or mom tube or whatever.

Overall today was a good day. Thank you Lord! (I know, Lord, I do still need to work on the yelling.)

-Becky

0 comments: