Thursday, October 29, 2009

If it works

If it works I will just have made 3 quarts of dish soap for about $1. I got the recipe online. I have tried a few of my own recipes, but they have been unsuccessful. Regular store bought dish soap smells too strong for me and I feel like it takes forever to wash off the dishes. I have been using Seventh Generation unscented free and clear brand, but it is about $4 a bottle and I was having it shipped. $4 is too much for dish soap in my opinion. So I searched online and found this recipe:

1 bar octagon soap
3 quarts water
1/2 cup baking soda
1/8 cup washing soda
1/8 cup lemon

I just grated the soap and heated it in water over stove top until soap was all dissolved. Then I added baking soda and washing soda. I stirred it a bit more. Next I turned off the stove top. Finally I added the lemon (I actually squeezed it from a lemon, not sure if you could use the real lemon they sell in bottle.) I stirred it all up again. The I poured it into a glass container. I can not wait to try it on my dishes.

If it works I just spent about $1 for 3 quarts. That even beats the smaller bottle at the dollar store. Plus what I made is free of smelly chemicals. I will let you know how it works.

Yes, I will do just about anything to save money, and also to stay up at night (it is almost 1am.)

-Becky

0 comments: