Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's the little things

I just went out to the car to get something and remembered Josh's bike in the back seat. Sometimes something like this would frustrate me, but tonight it filled me with such joy that I had a wonderfully healthy son who could ride his bike without training wheels and loves to do so. (It's in the car because it got dark when he was riding at his cousin's, who incidentally live almost across the street from where we are moving.) So I came in and got in bed with him (he was still up) and gave him a big hug and kiss and told him I am so glad he is my son, because I really am. Then I went in to Jason's room to find him reading and again instead of getting annoyed that he was still up, I was filled with joy at how he loves to read. I told him how much I love him, then I did pull the plug on his light. It is after 11pm after all.

But no matter my rantings and crazy days and venting on ths blog, I really do love those boys.

-Becky

3 comments:

Tina said...

Becky in my book there was never any doubt that you adore those little guys. They are so blessed to have you as a mom. When i read your post I thought, I sure wish I had to go to the van and grab one of my gkids bikes out of the back of it. Enjoy each second with them, they really do grow up so fast.

Tina

Jeannette said...

good for you. Its nice sometimes to see the rainbow instead of the dark clouds.
At my grief class there is another mother who lost her son, just in August. She was telling a story of how when he was about 5 she was napping and he decided with dark markers to paint a picture on the kitchen wall. He loved to paint and was an artist up to the day he died. She said she can remember being upset with the art work on the wall, instead of embracing his proudness of how well he painted.
Of course I think that is a normal reaction as now I am thinking of the ice tea and egg incedent

Carlee said...

Such a great attitude. Our children, all children, our blessings from God, designed for us by Him, uniquely and wonderfully made. I too try (and fail) to think of them this way, and not get frustrated with all the little things they do. Good for you for not only thinking that but telling your boys how glad you are to be their mom!