Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The last of my tomato crop


These are the last of my tomato crop.

They were still delicious, yet tiny.







I have had a good garden this year. I spent $44 at my son's school fundraiser on two types of tomato plants, purple eggplant plants, and pepper plants. I did not realize how many plants I had and was able to do my garden and bless two other families with the remaining plants. But my investment paid back even in my garden alone. I got no less than 25 peppers this year (and still have a few outside.) I got about 200 tomatoes in Aug. and Sept, with these last few stragglers this week (but they are the last.) I also got about 12 purple eggplant. I think it was a huge success. I am already planning on doubling my garden for next year and adding beans, cucumbers, zucchini, pumpkins, and potatoes.

If you had a garden, how did it do this year; and what did you grow?

-Becky

p.s. I didn't even weed my garden this year, as we put down this garden plastic first, then cut holes in it to plant the veggie plants. It was so worth it!!!

1 comments:

Becky said...

I grew cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and raspberries. The cukes didn't do very well, but the tomatoes and berries were great :)