Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wii Fit
















I got a Wii fit for my 30th birthday (Oct. 3rd.) I have been really dizzy for a few weeks so I had not tried it. Feeling fully better and wanting to do an activity the kids would enjoy, I just tried Wii fit for the first time. It was fun! I will admit being told by a machine I am obese is a bit humbling, but it is something I already knew. I am overweight. I need to lose weight. God has also been giving me this message for quiet some time (although He also reminds me how much He loves me just as I am.)

We all set up our profiles and got our weight and Wii fit age. Jason's was 19, Joshua's was 33 (but I don't think he understand what he was doing.) Mine was 33, much better than I expected (since I am 30.) I thought it would say like 68 or something. I did not like that the machine put Josh as overweight. He is not at all. I think this might be something that could affect a kid's self esteem. This feature should be something that can be blocked, maybe it can and I am not aware of how to do it.

We all each played for 10 units, which is equivalent to 10 min. exercise. Not too bad. The boys are actually still playing, they are running together. Although Jason figured out how to cheat and he is only moving his hand. No big deal as he exercises plenty.

Hopefully this game will be a nice tool to help me get healthier though. I even think the balance games will be really helpful as I still favor my left side (after not using my right leg after my surgery.)

Have you ever played Wii Fit? What do you think of it?

-Becky
Boys running on Wii Fit

2 comments:

LVLC said...

I have a friend that have it and she and her family love it!

I would love to have one too! But first I need to get the Wii console!!! lol

Becky R said...

My oldest son Jason saved up and bought the Wii himself, so for once I had to ask him if I could borrow his stuff so I could play. LOL.
Wii is a great family item. We all love playing it.