Thursday, August 19, 2010

Finished 2 more books

With summer coming quickly to an end I am not sure I will make my goal of 14 books read, but I am now up to 8 books read.

I just finished When the Morning Comes by Cindy Woodsmall and When the Soul Mends also by Cindy Woodsmall. These are numbers #2 & #3 in the Sisters of the Quilt Series.
Although each book is over 300 pages I read #2 yesterday and #3 today. #3 is the last in this series.

I enjoyed reading these books. They are about an Amish girl, Hannah from her teens to mid twenties. About her decision to leave her faith (after her people turned on her) and her longing to return. It is about her finding her way, while still relying on God.

I am so intrigued by the Amish way of life. I find it very interesting to read about it and how the pull between wanting to remain Amish and also be part of our world tugs on ones heart.

Have you read anything good lately?

-Becky

1 comments:

Rose said...

I finished a good book a couple months ago called a choice to cherish. BEST BOOK EVER!