Sunday, August 15, 2010

I have been robbed

So far from my garden I have had 1 eggplant, about 20 mini tomatoes (cherry or grape, but yummy), and 1 green pepper. Right before I left for vacation I had about 5 beefsteak tomatoes turning red. I was so looking forward to eating them when I got home.

The squirrels in my yard had other plans (or bunnies.) They robbed me. All 5 tomatoes are gone. I even found a half eaten one with animal gnaw marks in it. I am so disappointed.

So many friends and family members are coming up with amazing tomatoes and other produce. Last year we ate tomatoes all day in Aug. & Sept. I shared so many as well. I didn't have a problem with critters eating my produce.

I wonder if I can pay the boys to garden sit and watch for critters. Or maybe I should just go to the local farmer's market and buy myself some tomatoes.

But still I need to get some revenge on these critters. What can I do?

How is your garden doing?

-Becky

0 comments: