Tuesday, August 17, 2010

google / bing / yahoo search engines

I have this weird thing that I like to google Eric's name. When I do there are about 6 pages of stuff. Some of his skateboarding videos, lots of rip stuff. It makes me sad, but also helps me to feel connected to him.

Weird thing is if I google myself (with my married name) I get almost nothing, although strangely when I googled my maiden name this blog came up (I kept my married name.) I can't figure out how this blog is linked to my maiden name?

I so want to go back to my maiden name, I wanted to keep it after the divorce for Josh's sake, but now I want another connection with my brother and want to share in his last name once more. Too bad it is about $500 for the whole process to change a name (with filing fees and paper announcements and such.) This is so a want and not a need, but one day I will get it done.

Plus I hate my last name, it is so common, and since I am white and my last name is Spanish it confuses people. No, I can't speak Spanish (although I wish I could) or cook any Spanish food (my rice and beans is pretty pitiful compared to some of the yummy food I have had at events with my ex's family.) But I am commonly asked those questions. Not that I have any problems with the fact that it is Spanish (so love all people, especially since my son is half Spanish) just confuses people is all.

Anyway, back from my tangent, have you googled yourself or someone else? Why?

-Becky

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I google myself alot. Just because I like to see what is out there.

I like your maiden name, I say do it when you can.