Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Free Jersey Produce


Just came home from Jason's grandparents with:

bag of cherry tomatoes
2 eggplants
6 cucumbers
2 huge zucchinis

All this after eating tomatoes and cucumbers at their house.

Plus they lent me their dehydrator so I can make dehydrated tomatoes and a few other things.

Also today Jason picked me a container full of our own cherry tomatoes which Josh and I ate as snack. He also picked me an eggplant the other day.

Free, locally grown produce is great!

-Becky

2 comments:

Tina said...

Wish we lived closer. We accidentally planted too many zucchini. Somehow the patty pan squash seed was switched with the zucchini seed, therefore we planted all zucchini...ugh. Oh, and we have 50 tomatoe plants all together, so will have an over abundance of those as well. I'd be delighted to share with you.

Then there is the fact that our food bank was given enough salmon for 80 families! Praise the Lord!

Next week we will go and pick blackberries. I found a great recipe in the new food network mag for blackberries and white bread that makes what looks like a wonderful dessert..very inexpensive.

Hope you get more produce! It's expensive raising boys isn't it!

Blessings, Tina

Jeannette said...

Wow, talk about a wonderful pick. That was nice of the OTHER grandparents sharing
I have some weeds and some half sorry looking produce help yourself, no really take it all.

I can't wait until next week