Sunday, August 15, 2010

Out of flour, milk, eggs, and sugar oh my!

Yikes, I am officially out of all staples used for baking (although I do still have some brown and powdered sugar.)
I used up a lot before vacation and have yet to go food shopping since we got home.

Fri. I used up all our organic sugar and organic eggs making chocolate chip cookies (that were gone as of yesterday afternoon.) Today I used up all our whole wheat organic flour making a loaf of bread and a batch of whole wheat tortilla's.

It is going to be one expensive food shopping trip when I do get some food money.

The funny thing is our cupboards are almost bare, yet I still have about 7 lbs. organic beef in freezer (I bought a lot when I found a good price.) Anyone want beef for breakfast, lunch, and dinner tomorrow? I will serve it on homemade bread and homemade tortillas (if they are not a disaster.) lol.

We had hamburgers Fri. night so I don't want to repeat those again so soon.

Tomorrow for real I will make:

breakfast- last package turkey bacon, cereal with no milk, frozen strawberries, defrosted
lunch- soup, and spinach or green beans from freezer
dinner- some homemade organic pasta sauce served over our last box of whole wheat all natural pasta. I may make meatballs as well. I can serve with homemade bread.
snacks- cucumbers, cereal

The problem is when you want to use organic milk and such you can't just run to the corner store, I have to plan to go to Costco or another store that sells such items. I just have not had the time and will probably not tomorrow either.

Thank God that these are such small problems and that I still have food in the house anyway. Praise God that this is all I have to deal with today. My blessings are many. He is so good!

-Becky

0 comments: