Sunday, August 15, 2010

Today we failed

Today boys had hamburgers and fries from Burger King for lunch, then I let them have candy (with dye in it) while we watched Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I also drank some Sprite. I have not had soda in months. We also have not had fast food in a while as well. And I have been really trying not to eat foods with corn syrup and artificial dyes.

Today we failed.

Part of it is failing to plan (and buy some good healthy food for the house) and part of it is although I want to do right by my kids health, sometimes we just want a treat.

I read of a fast food restaurant that only has organic stuff, I will be so excited if one comes near us. I know this still be will not be as healthy as if made at home, but will be far better than Burger King I am sure.

-Becky

5 comments:

Rose said...

Well,at least it was only a treat!
Don't worry we have some of that stuff too sometimes.

Anonymous said...

No worries - we all fall off the wagon sometimes!

Anonymous said...

It's important to let kids be kids once in a while (as long as it's not an everyday thing). Maybe next time you find yourself needing fast food on the go, get subway. It's cheap, healthy and delicious!

Becky R said...

The reason I let them get BK was I only had $4 to my name and we bought off dollar menu.
Sometimes I go to Wawa so I can get a vggie sub (so yummy) and they get subs too, but that is usually $3 a sub, so the $4 would not have gone as far. How sad that the BK garbage is so cheap.

I am trying to make healthy treats (like the chocolate chip cookies I made the otherday) so they can enjoy being kids as well.

The candy they got at night was with their own money.

I usually say no way to dye candy, but I folded yesterday.

Thanks for reading my blog and taking teh time to comment.

Becky R said...

I should learn to spell