Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I just made fudge-yum

I really am cleaning out my pantry as I just used up all my powdered sugar. I made some fudge from this recipe here.

I was looking up how to make hot chocolate from cocoa powder, and found the fudge recipe first. It tastes yummy, but I am not sure if it will set (it is a bit liquidy.)

If not we can use it as frosting.

The funny thing is fudge is one of those things I think I like, but when I have a piece don't really care for it. If my fudge works I plan to eat a piece, give the boys a piece, and then share with three neighbors the remaining pieces.

I still have yet to go food shopping, but I think I will have to stock up on so much when I do. Yikes! (I did run into Aldi's for a few items, but have not gone real food shopping yet.)

Today it is a rainy day. I am going to clean my room and the kitchen, then maybe read a book. So far we have cleaned living room.

The boys are playing upstairs (avoiding that we have to clean Jason's room.)

At 5:00 Kaiden is coming over for a sleepover, which is always fun.

I am trying to have a no drive today, which is working out so far today.

Anyone make hot chocolate from scratch? What is your recipe? (I have cocoa powder.)

-Becky

update: it taste like fudge, but it not solidifying. I may add to some flour (when I buy some) and turn into brownies.

1 comments:

fudge recipes said...

Chocolate fudge is my favorite. Now that you mentioned it, I think it's my favorite thing to do, just make fudge and then make sure everybody has at least a piece of it, lol! Well, it's my kid's favorite but I don't think I'll let them have the entire pan to themselves. So you're right, after I enjoy a piece or two, and the kids had their fair share I always give it away to the kids next door and to an elderly couple upstairs. :)